DOWNLOAD THIS CONSUMMATE ATHLETE EPISODE
Social and Links
TOPICS AND LINKS FROM TODAYS SHOW:
- Stacy’s Athletic Palmairs (Bio)
- Tell us about what and where you do what you to these days = 12 projects, marine science, female athlete health, marine peptides,
- Roar – What would you change if you did a 2nd edition of the book? change heat – women need ‘primer’ heat exposure
master and menopause
- ALtitude for females
- Biggest downfalls at Leadville misstepttep nutrition (increase carb and hydration) and sleep and recover (nutrient timing – post workout)
- Mapping Menstrual Cycle
- Adjusting nutrition and zones/threshodl for high hormone phase of period
- Timing Period?
- Athlete Under-eating – Talk me through this concept of an overweight athlete and how to implement changes without tipping things too far?
low energy availbility – need enough food to keep resting metabolic functioning (breath, endocrine, etc)
adding daily living more cals
ading training more cals
if drop cals then rmr then fatigue, more fat, in only 4 days see thyroid dysfunction = eat more??
even 500 kcal will get there.
timing calories can help –
workig athletes who delay will see symptoms of relative energy def. (catabolic state)
The Show is sponsored by: HEALTH IQ
Keywords: Dirt Jumping, BMX, Jumping, Downhill, pump track, women’s cycling
Trish Bromley joins us this week. Trish became the first woman to participate in the CrankWorx Whistler Speed and Style in 2015. This year she has been up to lots of adventures including recovering from an injury that occurred earlier in the season. Trish takes us through how she helps new riders ride on the pump track and learn to jump. Some really great tips, tricks and cue words to take with you to your next bike park session or trail ride.
Social / links
video of Trish checking course out and working through the obstacles and mental challenges!
– might go first time but depends on comfort level as the drop-in (ramp to go to the jump) is big!
See foam pit image ->
Trish Also mentions ‘resy’ which is the next step after foam-pit when trying skills. Basically a plastic sheet over foam padding to soften any bails as you try crazy tricks, like this back-flip Trish was working on in this video.