Mia Manganello talks speed skating, cycling, and the Olympics today. As always many pearls to take away from people who have found success in multi-sports and in high-level sport. Mia accomplished both and has a great story.
DOWNLOAD THIS CONSUMMATE ATHLETE EPISODE
RSS/Play Live/Google: http://consummateathlete.wideanglepodium.libsynpro.com/
Check out Shred-Girls.com to learn about the upcoming book series by Molly Hurford and www.smartathlete.ca for phone consults, coaching, training plans and bike-skills sessions.
This podcast is supported by Health IQ, a life insurance company that celebrates the health conscious, including cyclists. Visit healthiq.com/capod to learn more & get a free quote, or check out their life insurance FAQ page to get your questions answered.
The Consummate Athlete Podcast is part of the Wide Angle Podium podcast network. Check out www.wideanglepodium.com, listen to the shows, and consider becoming a member to get free bonus content and prizes. Check out the new Wide Angle Podium t-shirts and kit at icksnay.myshopify.com/collections/wide-angle-podium.
Thanks as always for tuning in. If you’re enjoying the show, would be a huge help to us if you subscribe, rate and review the Consummate Athlete Podcast show on iTunes. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @mollyjhurford and @peterglassford or over on TheOutdoorEdit.com and SmartAthlete.ca.
If this is your first time listening, you can explore the rest of our episodes on ConsummateAthlete.com. You can support the show and this site by checking out our swag in the Consummate Athlete Shop.
Have a question, comment, complaint or suggestion for a guest? https://consummateathlete.wordpress.com/contact/
Social and Links
Our Events Mentioned in the Intro:
TREK Women Barrie = https://www.facebook.com/events/2046708618875714/
Questions from the Show:
- Importance of making it to the Olympics?
- How did it feel to actually walk away with a medal? Did you have any sense going in if that was gong to be possible?
- Speedskating / rollerblading— interesting choices for a young kid to make in the age after roller blading was cool!
- Ice in FLorida?
- How did you get started in cycling? Why go away from skating?
- What made you fall in love with cycling
- 6 years of racing—what were your favorite racing moments/career highlights?
- Whenandwhy did you decide to shift back to speed skating?
- Crossover between speedskating and cycling?
- DId you keep riding as cross training?
- Any more Olympic plans / return to cycling? You’ve only been gone a season
- What’s your offseason look like now? tempted to race road again? wedding???
- Your parents run a restaurant and you’re always quoted talking about pizza: what’s a day in your food life look like?