Mackenzie Havey joins us today. She is the author of the new book MINDFUL RUNNING and a long-time contributor to a variety of outlets, including Runner’s World, ESPN, The Atlantic, Outside Online, Triathlete, and others. I hold a graduate degree in sports psychology and am a USA Track and Field-certified coach and adjunct instructor for running courses at the University of Minnesota. Also, a 14-time marathoner, Ironman, and mom.
Check out the Show Notes at www.consummateathlete.com
Subscribe and Rate on Itunes (please!) – https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/consummate-athlete-podcast/id1100471297?mt=2
Support the Podcast via Wide Angle Podium -> http://wideanglepodium.com/category/consummate-athlete/
The Show is sponsored by:HEALTH IQ
Want to support the show and other awesome podcasts? Please Check out www.wideanglepodium.com for show info, other WAP podcasts and to become a Donating Member (free bonuses!) Visit W.A.P.
- Your background in running and writing
- I always get ‘how do I get your job’ questions, so I’d love to get your answer to that since we’re pretty similar!
- What made you choose to write Mindful Running?
- Who is this book for? What will someone get out of reading it?
- What is Mindful Running, exactly?
- You divide into 3 steps, focus, fathom and flow: can we run through these and dig into each a bit?
- I LOVE the rules of engagement (p47): can we run through them?
- How can someone start getting into it, without adding stress to runs?
- How can you use it from a racing perspective?
- Best apps/books/etc. for finding out more on mindfulness?