Glenn Hartrick is a New Jersey Athlete whose story will inspire you to overcome whatever challenge you are facing.
He was an accomplished marathoner, triathlete and even graced the cover of the Runner’s World ‘Body-Issue’. 2 years ago he was hit by a car on while riding his bike and became a paraplegic from the waist down. He tells us about the experience and how he set new goals and embraced new disciplines as a para-athlete
DOWNLOAD IN ITUNES – Remember to subscribe and/or leave us a rating in ITUNES !!!
DOWNLOAD MP3 or FOR OTHER DEVICES
VIEW IN YOUTUBE ( NEW !)
Show Sponsor – Smart Athlete Phone Consults
– Available world wide for only $25 – Get piece of mind in your training – overcome plateaus and learn how to maximize your plan. BOOK NOW HERE
– Glenn’s Cover Model Issue Cover
– Story about Glenn in Runner’s World
– what brought you back to training? did you ever have a moment where you didn’t want to race again, or was it always there? // no matter what the circumstances are, it’s possible to thrive as an athlete.
– Training for wheel-chair based sport
– Hand Cycle
– how has training been different ? which is more exhausting?
– Photo of Glen’s spreadsheet
– rehab and strength ?
– Interesting Frame used to practice standing and help with tissue mobility/blood flow
– 70.3 as TRI … how do they differentiate the run from the bike?
– use race chair for marathon portion = as here
– hand cycle is recumbant bike pedaled with hands for bike (as here)
– tips for other athletes who are struggling with injury/rehab or even just considering retirement b/c performance is lacking
– Will he consider para olympics?
– looking back, did it change how you approached the idea of relationships / racing / life?