1) How do you explain what you do and who you are to new clients or when speaking?
“if you find a motion you can do and evoke pain”
– To start off could you lay out Pain and Nociception for us?
– Nociception – irritibility detector
= pain response to stimulus
= persistant pain – can lead to more pain
– We call this the Bio – Psycho – Social model of pain. Meaning all areas of your life can influence pain.
– like fatigue – motivation less then effort level
– EVEN if have tissue injury the treatment is the same
*few things we rest like stress structure,
– COping with avoidance – not necessarily
– don’t push too deep – cope with endurance
BIGGER CUP – pain when cup overflow – all factors go in (sleep, tendinopathy, trianing, anxiety)
-> exercise helps tolerance, could decrease one or some to redce overflow
Back pain in Performance – Normalize (its ok), visualize, prepare body (small elements)
“Not weird to have back pain when stresing your back a ton”
– make everything else
->tim gabbot chronic vs. acute
-> not just workload – mechanical loads, not the day for PR (bad sleep, stress)