DOWNLOAD THIS CONSUMMATE ATHLETE EPISODE
Get in Touch With Your Hosts
Social and Links
peakscoachinggroup.com autographed copy –
Order Shred-Girls by Molly Hurford https://amzn.to/2RBDlJy
TOPICS AND LINKS FROM TODAYS SHOW:
What is Hunter Up to?
- – Filming – the ICG indoor bike, the IC8.
- – cadence video with peter ->
- bmx racing when young then navigators (multi-sport and multi-discipline)
- New book 3rd edition of “Training and Racing with a Power Meter
- 7 Things you need to do ( first 4 chapters are HOW TO)
- What do these lines mean? (ie. graphs/charts)
- case studies and what people have done and training plans
New Power Metrics – Can you take us through a couple of the metrics? ( mFTP , FRC and TTE?)
- WKO+ = https://www.trainingpeaks.com/wko4/
- Coggan Power Levels ( zones ) over FTP not everyone the same
- Power Profile – Phenotype
- mFTP – power quasi steady state ~1hr
- FRC – Functional Reserve Capacity (anaerobic capacity, vo2, Pmax ) work above FTP (in kilojoules) *like a NOS button* 14.2 … move decimal for 1400 watts for 10 sec or 20sec for 700sec ***recharge back under FTP – understand depth into strengths and weaknesses — fatigue = lower
- Pmax – Neuromuscular power (ability to contract quikly and with most force) –> this is one pedal stroke (left/right) NOT 1 second (due to sampling error) – test 3 small/big ring sprints
- TTE –
The book has some new plans and workouts focused on raising FTP … any secrets you can tease?
- triathletes – swim and run
- masters – time constained = workouts sweet spot w. bursts – 2min sweet spot then burst at 120sec for 30sec (for 20-40min)
- how to peak
The Art of pacing – How can power meters be used more effectively to pace triathlons and steadier distance cycling endurance events?
- goal of bike leg to go as fast as you can and still run as fast as you can (not walk?)
- slow pedaling – force affect run
- quadrant analysis –
- Methods to test power duration and pinpoint weaknesses in a variety of race distances ( Do you find that many athletes end up with a TT profile?)
- use other factors as well (HRV)