DOWNLOAD THIS CONSUMMATE ATHLETE EPISODE
Get in Touch With Your Hosts
Social and Links
TOPICS AND LINKS FROM TODAYS SHOW:
What you have been up to in the last week ?
“Human First” paradigm
- -frequent illness is incompatible with elite performance
elite vs. national level
attention – long work hours
busy people how have it all?
- what is the goal? What is the most important???
- Fueling – link to Bubb’s Fueling Protocol ->
- blood glucose – lower for the elite -> fasting glucose –
- ‘athlete microbiome signature’
- intensity predictive of species of the microbiome?
- 50 food challenge – try to have 50 items in the week –
- 14 day build
Strength and Endurance vs. Health
- Should endurance athletes, especially aging athletes to lift weights?
- Best strategy around strength if someone is endurance focused but also wanting to protect against illness/aging?
- Muscle and Polyphenol
- A mistake most people make is trying to improve their performance while trying to get leaner.”
- how can someone who is overweight but wants to pursue sport can reconcile?
- Carbohydrate periodization for endurance training and how glycogen acts as training regulator… important for the recreational athlete