Today we discuss how to train during times of stress or when your race gets canceled or when you aren’t sure what your goal is. We also discuss a specific question around fueling a 50-mile bike ride and the common questions around the Documentary ‘Game Changers’
DOWNLOAD THIS CONSUMMATE ATHLETE EPISODE
Get in Touch With Your Hosts
TOPICS AND LINKS FROM TODAYS SHOW:
Training at home/goal race canceled
- -Peter 2 month free Maintenance Training Plan
- Active Life offered these pilates / strength video
- Molly Yoga routines on the Outdoor Edit
- Ready State Mobility App
- Greg Lehman Episode
Fueling for the 50-mile ride—new to cycling
Don’t think about mileage, think about time
- fueling – recommendations based on the expected time range 40-90grams/hr
- remember to train for it and practice fueling and pacing
- Gemma nutritionist Episode on Carbohydrate
Game Changers documentary thoughts?
- Must be careful to say something is GOOD or Bad … it very much depends on who you are, what you want to do and why.
- We all have bias and nutritional discussions get heated quickly
- IOC Game Changers stance – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlVrXS_UCeU
- PseudoScience – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3yfo7jwM_w
- More plants are great, be cautious with the WHO and the WHY to make huge changes and ensure it aligns with your values.
- The Savory Institute is an interesting look at sustainability and soil