The multi-talented Marco Altini returns to answer top listener questions about HRV and also to provide a few updates on the latest research around apply HRV to sport and recovery.
Check out HRV4Training App = https://www.hrv4t.com/
Please consider supporting it by:
a) Rate and review on your preferred app! Easy and Free! Thank You!
b) Order Shred-Girls by Molly Hurford https://amzn.to/2RBDlJy
c) Donate to the Podcast www.wideanglepodium.com/donate
DOWNLOAD THIS CONSUMMATE ATHLETE EPISODE
Get in Touch With Your Hosts
Social and Links
- Check out the HRV4Training App https://www.hrv4t.com/ (on itunes/google store)
- follow Marco Altini of HRV4Training on Instagram
- HRV4Training on Instagram
- read the HRV4Training Blog
TOPICS AND LINKS FROM TODAYS SHOW:
Getting started with HRV – what does someone who wants to try it need?
- Getting started with HRV Quickstart guide
- Oura ring as syncing with hrv4training?
When to measure – Night vs. Day-time
- Molly’s Article on using HRV4Training and meditation https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-29781/how-taking-5-mindful-minutes-every-morning-increased-my-productivity.html
Using the data
The biggest mistake people when recording HRV
confounding factor – first thing in bed minimal other stuff, no social media
Easiest analysis we should keep an eye on once we have a few weeks of data baseline?
Training adaptations: Flatt et al. + Marco’s current research with Dutch triathlon (training load, coefficient of variation)
Listener question = training efficiency and hrv = resting hr??? coefficient – stable
Menstrual cycle and HRV: Patricia Doyle-Baker and her group, expected changes in different phases, implications for practitioners
decrease hrv across the cycle, inactive women –