Today we discuss your questions about
– Hand numbness on the bike
– dealing with an injury that keeps you from your main sport
– Getting frustrated with a workout
– Moving indoors and/or switching between power meters
– starting strength – do you need perfect form or instruction?
Please consider supporting it by:
a) Rate and review on your preferred app! Easy and Free! Thank You!
b) Order Shred-Girls by Molly Hurford https://amzn.to/2RBDlJy
c) Donate to the Podcast www.wideanglepodium.com/donate
DOWNLOAD THIS CONSUMMATE ATHLETE EPISODE
RSS/Play Live/Google: http://consummateathlete.wideanglepodium.libsynpro.com/
Get in Touch With Your Hosts
Have a question, comment, complaint or suggestion for a guest? https://consummateathlete.wordpress.com/contact/
TOPICS AND LINKS FROM TODAYS SHOW:
1) Injured and can’t ride: How do you keep fitness (or at least avoid weight gain)?
- -take your offseason = Peter article on off-season
- -Meghan Roche injury
- -Physical therapy exercises – do appropriately (not too little or too much!)
- meditation and visualization – ok to be bored and think, doodle, journal!
- -Pool / figure out what you can do without using the injured limb
- -spirotiger, breathing apparatus
2) Frustration indoors and/or with devices and/or with following a plan
a) Did you change the device, or setting or switch environment? then do the workout and assess later.
b) How would I do this outside? are you doing something odd/extra that is making this weird/more difficult than it needs to be or add more rules? (what are you saying “SHOULD” about … you “SHOULD” do more watts … why??? )
b) If I had no data and did this workout would I feel the same way? or would I just work hard and get it done?
c) 80% is a passing grade. Nothing is perfect.
d) 90% of life is showing up. Many people won’t even start … so start!
2 Power meters – moving from outdoors to indoors
- can use both (one on device, one on screen) but choose which you will record and guide training by.
- Remember cooling and fueling
3) NUMB hand (Pinky) after long mtb ride/races
- Shoulder position? bend in elbow?
- downward tilted saddle? or too low bars
- grips too hard or worn? wearing gloves?
- Mix up hand position and ensure not constant ‘death grip’
- Braking just one finger
- Broccoli / asparagus elastic band exercise to try (shadow puppets!)
- Renaud’s ?