Doctor, Coach and Elite Trail runner Meghan Roche joins us to talk about being a happy runner, dealing with failure, injury, balancing work+training, body image and … dogs.
Please consider supporting it by:
a) Rate and review on your preferred app! Easy and Free! Thank You!
b) Order Shred-Girls by Molly Hurford https://amzn.to/2RBDlJy
c) Donate to the Podcast www.wideanglepodium.com/donate
DOWNLOAD THIS CONSUMMATE ATHLETE EPISODE
RSS/Play Live/Google: http://consummateathlete.wideanglepodium.libsynpro.com/
Get in Touch With Your Hosts
Have a question, comment, complaint or suggestion for a guest? https://consummateathlete.wordpress.com/contact/
Social and Links
TOPICS AND LINKS FROM TODAYS SHOW:
- BIO The brief athletic history, how did you get to where you are now? Doc or coach or runner when introing yourself to someone these days?
- Body image and weight as a runner was a big section on the happy runner and really focused on your journey—could you talk about it a bit, where you were then and how you look at weight now?
- How do you walk the line of eating healthy vs eating whatever the F ==> How have you seen this work with someone who is trying to lose weight? Especially someone who is time-limited and just can’t ‘outrun a bad diet’
- Injury — esp as a doc and coach and an athlete, how do you approach?
- Speaking of being a doc coach and athlete, how are you balancing it? I know on at least one podcast I listened to with you, your training sounded a little bananas, sneaking it in while doing long shifts
- Dealing with race day things not going according to plan?
- Dealing with a race “failure”
- Staying optimistic in general—how did you make the decision to be ‘happy runners’? => For busy age-group/masters athletes who are finding training and fitting in family tough is there a way that this happy runner mindset can help get through training and to race day in better shape (versus being super Type-A serious?)
- For clients/runners who aren’t super motivated and would prefer to sit on the couch, how can the happy runner approach help? Is it ok if they never train?
- TECHNICAL RUNNING – Uphill and downhill tips
- You and David have Addie, the cutest dog ever, but she’s not a big runner. Can you give a quick pitch as to why we need a dog?