Today we discuss your questions about Cyclocross, cyclings fall/winter discipline.
– what is cyclocross
– Warming up and course preview
– what is skill practice for cyclocross
– dealing with double race weekends
– some easy tips/tricks and hacks to make your weekend and riding better
Please consider supporting it by:
a) Rate and review on your preferred app! Easy and Free! Thank You!
b) Order Shred-Girls by Molly Hurford https://amzn.to/2RBDlJy
c) Donate to the Podcast www.wideanglepodium.com/donate
DOWNLOAD THIS CONSUMMATE ATHLETE EPISODE
Get in Touch With Your Hosts
TOPICS AND LINKS FROM TODAYS SHOW:
rehearse in your workouts!
- depends on weather, your expo setup and pre-ride windows/needs
Think about the demands of race day in your workouts!
Typical pre-ride then change/clean and then ride the trainer for specific warmup 15-30min w. 3-5 x 45sec (or your preferred wu!)
- check out online video/photo/preview / social media of course setup
feeling awkward riding offroad then ride offroad more!
- Check out Peter’s 5 steps to Barrier Hop to progress your hops
somewhat subjective if HIGH exertion/breathing rate/emotion/arousal then likely good to spin down for 5-10 min
- if racing the next day spin down for a while.
Generally, avoid abrupt changes like sprint finish to driving home for hours sitting in car!
concussion protocol might be nice way to think of return to sport generally
slow first, get in successful rides wanting more
consider why racing twice in a day
consider why racing double weekend – cleanup , downtime, when can be recovered/train n ext (when are important events)
cooldown, fuel pre/post and later again meal, bike cleanup at venue if possible (esp. if in a condo or hotel)