Today we hear about the Latest Performance Science from Dr. Marc Bubbs. A Naturopathic Doctor, Speaker, Performance Nutrition Lead for Canada Basketball and former Strength Coach. Dr. Bubbs advocates for achieving your performance potential and maximizing your health by optimizing what you eat, how you move, and key lifestyle factors (e.g. sleep, stress management, etc.
His latest book ‘Peak’ is available on Amazon
If you enjoy the show, please consider supporting it by
a) rate and review on your preferred app! Easy and Free! Thank You!
b) Order Shred-Girls by Molly Hurford https://amzn.to/2RBDlJy
c) Donate to the Podcast www.wideanglepodium.com/donate
DOWNLOAD THIS CONSUMMATE ATHLETE EPISODE
RSS/Play Live/Google: http://consummateathlete.wideanglepodium.libsynpro.com/
Get in Touch With Your Hosts
Have a question, comment, complaint or suggestion for a guest? https://consummateathlete.wordpress.com/contact/
Social and Links
TOPICS AND LINKS FROM TODAYS SHOW:
What you have been up to in the last week ?
– Canadian Basketball
“Human First” paradigm
- -frequent illness is incompatible with elite performance
elite vs. national level
attention – long work hours
busy people how have it all?
- what is the goal? What is the most important???
- Fueling – link to Bubb’s Fueling Protocol ->
- blood glucose – lower for the elite -> fasting glucose –
- ‘athlete microbiome signature’
- intensity predictive of species of the microbiome?
- 50 food challenge – try to have 50 items in the week –
- 14 day build
Strength and Endurance vs. Health
- Should endurance athletes, especially aging athletes to lift weights?
- Best strategy around strength if someone is endurance focused but also wanting to protect against illness/aging?
- Muscle and Polyphenol
- A mistake most people make is trying to improve their performance while trying to get leaner.”
- how can someone who is overweight but wants to pursue sport can reconcile?
- Carbohydrate periodization for endurance training and how glycogen acts as training regulator… important for the recreational athlete