Molly and Peter discuss several questions today – thanks for your questions and comments!
– saddle issues on the trainer
– Fueling recovery in the hours-days after big workouts and races
– FOMO – missing out on big training + social media
– Getting lightheaded/bonking on MTB but not road?!??!
– How to train when weather or context (hills etc) not perfect
If you enjoy the show, please consider supporting it by
a) rate and review on your preferred app! Easy and Free! Thank You!
b)Order Shred-Girls by Molly Hurford https://amzn.to/2RBDlJy
c) Donate to the Podcast www.wideanglepodium.com/donate
DOWNLOAD THIS CONSUMMATE ATHLETE EPISODE
RSS/Play Live/Google: http://consummateathlete.wideanglepodium.libsynpro.com/
Get in Touch With Your Hosts
Have a question, comment, complaint or suggestion for a guest? https://consummateathlete.wordpress.com/contact/
TOPICS AND LINKS FROM TODAYS SHOW:
Saddle area numbness on the trainer
Eating for recovery – post race/day after
go back to being a normal person
- Episode on Endurance Diet with Matt Fitzgerald
- Get Fuel Your RIde
- Get Endurance Diet by Matt Fitzgerald
- Get Shalane Flanagan Run Fast. Cook Fast. Eat Slow – Cookbook (really good/easy recipes for all day and post-training)
80% is a passing grade
What to do when the weather or context (hill length) not ideal what to do????
- Peter’s post on smartathlete.ca about 80% is a passing grade / ‘perfect workout’
Training when sick
- neck check – fatigue/function off bike as a guide (motivation, energy, sleep) ->
worse then yesterday?
HRV / HR ???
– fear of missing out while you do your training or while you recover
– Not taking rest days and jumping into every group ride/weekly race derails many well-intentioned racers.
strava and instagram –
– Molly’s coach David Roche wrote a F.O.M.O. article that
= also check out David on our podcast talking about being a happy runner (this applies to cyclists/athletes/people)
trouble with energy on mtb rides but not road/gravel