Professional Mountain Biker Geoff Kabush joins the podcast for a second time to talk about training for different events, MTB Stage Racing tips, Gravel Grinding strategies (DK200!), Beer+Pushups, how we should deal with doping and finally on what keeps him training and racing over the years (hint: Fun, Community, Challenges)
If you enjoy the show, please consider supporting it by
a) rate and review on your preferred app! Easy and Free! Thank You!
b) Pre-Order Shred-Girls by Molly Hurford https://amzn.to/2RBDlJy
c) Donate to the Podcast www.wideanglepodium.com/donate
DOWNLOAD THIS CONSUMMATE ATHLETE EPISODE
RSS/Play Live/Google: http://consummateathlete.wideanglepodium.libsynpro.com/
Get in Touch With Your Hosts
Have a question, comment, complaint or suggestion for a guest? https://consummateathlete.wordpress.com/contact/
TOPICS AND LINKS FROM TODAYS SHOW:
where are you and what are your big projects this year?
Training – changes from xco days?
– Curious if you have stopped doing anything as you have shifted a bit away from xco
– Anything different in terms of intervals or volume you do ahead of a XCO vs. Enduro vs. stage racing?
– Importance of breaks and recovery –
– How soon to train after race
Altitude racing and training?
– careful pacing careful training- altitude help link
– be healthy
Gravel bike setup
– Tires (type/pressure/width), bags/food carrying
– Dirty Kanza
– Breck then spd gravel
TIRES thread count 600tpi tougher –
Stage race MTB – tires, gear/bags,
– food/calories per hour you use?
– pack –>
–> simple –
– Geoff Tweet on doping? (tweet post about Betsema)
– Article for context – http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/betsema-hit-with-anti-doping-adverse-finding/
What Keeps You Going? Setting Goals?
– Goals – How do you think about goals at different events now?
– e.g. Sea Otter where you have sprinted for the win in the past versus racing for a (Still very impressive) 10th last week?
-> Starting on 2nd and 3rd rows … different strategy?