Kate Courtney joins us to talk about her World Championship win in the Mountain Bike XCO (cross country Olympic) discipline and what went into that huge performance.
- If you want to watch Kate and the world’s best mountain biking athletes, tune in to Red Bull TV to catch all the action.
If you enjoy the show, please consider supporting it through www.wideanglepodium.com/donate … there are bonus episodes and bonus goodies if you do, your donation helps fuel better audio gear, more guests, and higher quality episodes.
DOWNLOAD THIS CONSUMMATE ATHLETE EPISODE
RSS/Play Live/Google: http://consummateathlete.wideanglepodium.libsynpro.com/
Get in Touch With Your Hosts
Have a question, comment, complaint or suggestion for a guest? https://consummateathlete.wordpress.com/contact/
Social and Links
= watch replay of World Championships XCO 2018 => https://www.redbull.com/int-en/tv/video/AP-1WNSQN4XW1W11/womens-xco-finals-en-lenzerheide
Kate’s Instagram https://www.instagram.com/kateplusfate/?hl=en
TOPICS AND LINKS FROM TODAYS SHOW:
1) Post-Worlds – a lot has changed in the last week, has the win sunk in?
Watch replay of World Championships XCO 2018 => https://www.redbull.com/int-en/tv/video/AP-1WNSQN4XW1W11/womens-xco-finals-en-lenzerheide
2) Had you changed-added anything to training this year?
Working with coach Jim Miller and slow/steady growth
4) fueling for performance
- Fueling in and around riding
- Taking ‘seasons’ for nutrition
How much of this nutrition/mindset, combined with periodized strength training and fueled rides helped over the last few seasons.
https://cyclingtips.com/2018/04/weighing-in-nutrition-body-image-and-finding-balance-as-a-female-athlete/ : “ I also found it really interesting that eating a lot more on the ride reduced my consumption of unhealthy food for the day. Instead of letting my body get completely depleted on a ride and being panicked and “hangry” when I got home, I fueled throughout and could make healthy nutrition choices when I got home”
5) Earlier this year you were instagramming a lot of strength and balance work, is that a big part of your routine?
do you do that year round? A lot of cyclists hate going inside if they can ride?
Do you stick to a set routine?
- Favorite lifts/exercises
6) Recent college grad-how did you balance school with training and racing
8) Sleep/diet/meditation/yoga—what are some of the lifestyle habits that you swear by?
9) You’re racing Marathon worlds—why not take a break? … Will you take a break?
10) Advice for young girls who want to start riding?