Today is Nov 2017 Q & A and we have got a lot of questions this month, thanks for your questions.
Topics covered include off-season, smart-trainers, learning to run, the pros/cons of doing a little strength through the day versus a targeted session.
Check out the Show Notes at www.consummateathlete.com
Subscribe and Rate on Itunes (please!) – https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/consummate-athlete-podcast/id1100471297?mt=2
Support the Podcast via Wide Angle Podium -> http://wideanglepodium.com/category/consummate-athlete/
The Show is sponsored by: Shred-Girls the young adult book series for girls who love bikes (or who will after reading!)
Want to support the show and other awesome podcasts? Please Check out www.wideanglepodium.com for show info, other WAP podcasts and to become a Donating Member (free bonuses!) Visit W.A.P.
Molly’s Personal blog – https://mollyhurford.com/
SHRED GIRLS SHOP STORE GEAR http://shred-girls.com/shop/
Peter’s Coaching at www.smartathlete.ca
0) does breaking up a workout like say 100 crunches over an entire day have fewer benefits 1/2 than say doing them in a single setting?
=> Pavel of Russian Kettlebell training is at http://www.strongfirst.com
1) Are there any online subscription services for functional strength training? I’m thinking something that works like JasYoga or YogaGlo. From a laptop $10-20/month. Good offseason topic (also selfish request for research) since I haven’t found one for endurance athletes.
- Peter suggested Exos (formerly core performance) they have books and also programs.
2) Smart Trainer and riding a bike indoors
can’t believe how unfit I am after using a smart trainer compared to outside. what’s wrong with me?
3) Transition to Running Safely
Hey Molly, I think Peter and you have covered the transition from cyclist to the runner. I’m planning on doing more running this offseason. I’m a competitive mountain and cyclocross racer and I’m wondering the best practices to take. I was a National level Track runner many years ago and would like to run again. Ideally with minimal pain and suffering. Thanks and keep up the great podcasting!
4) What to do in the off-season?
-> offseason things you can do above and beyond maintenance?