Retired Pro CX racer Mo Bruno Roy joins Molly today to talk about her journey in CX, massage, running, relationships, yoga, ultimate frisbee, vegan diets and more.
12 years, 300 races, five national podiums and 41 wins. Mo Bruno Roy has had one hell of a cyclocross career, and no one is more surprised by that than her. She started racing as a fun replacement for her days of running competitively, but it quickly became a major part of her life: a part-time career, a hobby, and a community. Now, the yoga instructor and masseuse is ready for the next stage in her life: riding her bike for fun, not work!
Mo Bruno Roy Retires from Pro Cyclocross: http://www.bicycling.com/racing/cyclocross/mo-bruno-roy-retires-pro-cyclocross
Cycling’s Coolest Couples: Matt Roy and Mo Bruno Roy: http://www.bicycling.com/culture/people/cyclings-coolest-couples-matt-roy-and-mo-bruno-roy
- You’ve had a lot of “seasons of sport”
- Where are you now?
- Running—favorite distance?
- what made you shift to Cyclocross?
- best beginner tip?
- when did the yoga practicing/teaching start?
- how has the transition been?
- yin yoga, what is it and why do we need it?
- has yoga helped keep you in sport?
- Part of an active couple—how has that dynamic shifted over the years, esp. now? (you’ve always taken turns?)
- nutrition talk: how did you handle being vegan—and eating really healthy as a vegan—as an athlete?